One of the most important parts of planning a celebration is the venue. Finding the right venue requires you to take your time for a thorough search. Since it’s a community celebration, you need to give everyone a wonderful experience so they can always look forward to similar events. So, you’ll have to consider numerous factors such as cost, your needs, and the size to find a suitable place.
How To Select A Venue For Your Community Celebration
To help you find a proper venue, below are essential elements to consider when selecting a venue for your community celebration:
Set A Budget
Creating a budget is essential when looking for a venue, considering how a community celebration can be quite costly because of the number of individuals expected to attend the event.
Come up with a realistic budget when looking for a hosting place. It’s advisable to build different budgets for your event and discuss with the planners which one you’ll choose so you don’t put yourself under any unnecessary financial stress.
You can also find an affordable place by checking for any available discounts or looking for a local community facility with large rooms.
Check The Different Services Provided
The venue you select should have all the essential amenities you need. Check if they have the following before hiring them:
- Parking: The venue should have enough parking space to save time, enable the event to start on time, and avoid inconveniencing guests by asking them to park elsewhere.
- Security: Any gathering requires high-level security because criminals take advantage of crowds. Ensure the venue has adequate security for the guests to feel safe in the vicinity, especially outdoors.
- Lighting: Lighting makes the venue more colorful and gives a relaxing environment. So, the spot should have adequate lighting fixtures.
- Table and chairs: Ask if there’ll be enough tables and chairs to serve all your guests.
- Internet access: Internet connectivity is crucial for events, given the need to network with the attendees and those following virtually. So, ask if the venue has a Wi-Fi hotspot to save the guests from buying mobile internet packages.
- Catering: You can ask if the venue provides celebratory meals; if they don’t, you’ll know whether to hire caterers.
- Technical equipment: You may need speakers and microphones for your community celebration so ask if they can provide them.
- Space: Depending on the nature of your celebrations, ask for the type of space in the venue, like indoor or outdoor space.
Knowing what services the venue has provides you with adequate time to select the most appropriate one for your community celebration. But ensure you ask if they’ll accept third-party service providers to cover up whatever is missing in their venue.
Keep In Mind The Event Size
To fit your community celebration in a venue, list the exact number of people attending the party. It’ll enable you to find a place big enough to hold all attendees, from guests to entertainers, caterers, and equipment. There should also be enough room for everyone to move around, enjoy themselves, and mingle because most people will leave if it’s too crowded.
In most cases, a bigger venue is always advisable. So, if you have a guest size of about 150 people, go for a bigger space that can hold about 200 or 250 people.
Find A Suitable Location
The location is another vital consideration when looking for a venue. So, take your time to learn more about the people you want to come to your community celebration. If most of them live around, ensure you pick a local venue that everyone is familiar with and can quickly access. If some guests are coming from far for the party, you provide them with an event app to enable them to drive and get to the meeting on time.
Ask For References
Take your time to assess all the experiences others have had to find a space that matches your needs. You can ask your friends or family who has hosted an event to advise you on how to find a suitable venue to ensure the success of your community celebration. Or you can read other event planners’ experiences working with a particular venue to let you know how they found it.
Take Into Consideration The Schedule Availability
Only book space after checking if the time and date you want for your celebration are available. First, ask the venue owners if they’ll allow you to hold your community celebration in their space on the date and time slot you’ve set. It’ll enable you to avoid inconveniencing your guests. Then, check if the spot is available a few months earlier and book your space.
Follow A Specific Event Theme And Decor
Community celebrations can conform to different themes. For traditional festivals, you’re better off with a venue featuring traditional elements. The mood will be off if you choose a modern-themed venue.
Venue for Your Community Celebration: Final Thoughts
Selecting a venue for your community celebration can be overwhelming, but planning can simplify the process. Know what you want and survey several event venues in your locality to choose the best. Even though it’s an age where bookings are typically made online, visiting the shortlisted venues in person is advisable to assess the state of amenities firsthand to avoid disappointments.