Developing any product requires taking many steps before it is released. One of the crucial stages in any software development project is the discovery phase. Unfortunately, many businesses still skip this stage, which leads to unsatisfactory results in development.
Benefits of the Discovery Phase for Your Business
By carrying out a successful discovery phase, you can secure yourself and guarantee the success of your product. Learn more at the link: https://agilie.com/en/blog/why-you-need-to-start-your-project-with-the-discovery-phase
About the Discovery Phase
Before discussing why exactly a discovery stage is so important, let us find out what it is exactly. A discovery phase is a stage that comes before software development for an application or a program. This phase is held by an expert team, which includes defining business goals, visualizing the process, conducting tech analysis, etc. This stage is crucial for having a clear idea of what will suit your project and how to execute it flawlessly. Here are the activities included in the discovery stage:
- Business study – the discovery phase team has to evaluate your business to develop the best plan for the project;
- Interviewing business owners and employees – by talking to the people that work at the company and know it inside out, it becomes possible to develop a thorough strategy;
- Looking through the business documentation – this will also help with understanding the company better and coming up with more efficient ideas;
- Thorough study – this stage involves three different stages. They include doing market research, evaluating competitors, as well as analyzing target audience;
- Researching similar cases – it is highly beneficial to examine discovery phases held at some other companies;
- Thinking as a user – this stage will allow you to understand what is better for the product from the consumer’s standpoint. After all, you are creating a product with your clients in mind. It is vital to develop a solution that will thoroughly satisfy all the needs of your customers;
- · Developing a strategy – after all this research, it is time to design a thorough strategy and stick to it to ensure smooth creation of the product.
Usually, a few different specialists are involved in the discovery stage. They are business analysts, designers, software architects, and PMs. Each of them is responsible for a specific part of the process, which requires their expertise. One of the successful examples of implementing a discovery phase is Kyivcity.travel, helpful service with guides for tourists and residents in Kyiv. After finishing the discovery phase, there is still a lot of work. It is necessary to create a project model, design it, write the code, test this product, and finally release it.
To have a successful discovery phase, answer the following questions:
- Who is your competition and how to beat it?
- How to impress your target audience?
- Who is your target user?
- What should you have as a result?
- How should your software look?
- How to receive the most credible information for analysis?
- Who are the key business owners and shareholders?
These are only a few questions that have to be answered thoroughly to receive the most efficient results of your discovery stage.
While often overlooked, the discovery phase is vital for successful software development. In addition, this phase should be carried out by professionals to receive the most efficient and thorough results. For business owners, it is essential to incorporate professional assistance from a highly-skilled discovery team. Agile is a perfect solution for developing digital products, as this company has already finished more than 200 successful software projects. With professional help from the very beginning of your project to its release and following maintenance, you are guaranteed to have a perfect product designed with users in mind.