What is myWW? Well, it is a program that combines your personal needs with WW science knowledge. It helps you lose weight and come up with a long-lasting healthy way that best suits you.
One thing that you need to know is that weight loss is different for everyone. That is the reason why WW (weight watchers) launched their new program, myWW.
What is myWW? A Review of Weight Watcher’s New Program
With this program, you will have to fill a questionnaire regarding your food preference, lifestyle, activity level, and your approach to weight loss. Based on your response, you are assigned a blue, purple, or green weight loss plan that fits you. Well, here is a review of myWW program.
1) What Has Remained the Same In myWW program?
One of the good things about myWW program is that it still utilizes a similar SmartPoints formula to acquire points on a number of foods. SmartPoints values are based on saturated fats, calories, sugars, and protein. Sugars and saturated fats raise the SmartPoints value while proteins lower the points.
myWW program has three plans that have different zero points of food lists. The other foods will have similar SmartPoints that are available in the previous Freestyle program. However, according to reports, the Freestyle is still available but has been renamed as the Blue plan. Therefore, if you enjoyed the Freestyle program, you do not need to worry. It is still available.
2) What Is Common In the Three Plans?
- Every plan uses SmartPoints formula to get points value
- With each program, you get a daily budget of SmartPoints to use based on things such as weight, height, sex, and age. The daily points budget reduces as your needs change and you lose weight.
- You also get weekly points with each plan that you can use as you see fit. These points are also assigned based on weight, age, height, and sex.
- Every plan gives you a chance to roll over unused SmartPoints to the weekly point’s allowance.
- Every plan has a list of zero-point foods, but the lists are not the same for the three programs.
3) The Three Plans Explained
As you have seen, myWW program has three options (blue, green, and purple plan) that are assigned based on personal assessment. However, you also have an opportunity to choose the program that best works for you.
The Blue Plan is a similar plan to the Freestyle SmartPoints plan that is most used by people. It has more than 200 zero point foods consisting of non-starchy vegetables, fruits, turkey breasts, among others.
The Green Plan offers the smallest list of ZeroPoint with the largest point’s budget daily. Foods in this plan are limited to non-starchy vegetables to fruits. It is similar to Beyond the Scale program, which is the first SmartPoints plan.
The Purple Plan has the most extensive list of zero point foods with the lowest budget points daily. It has foods such as seafood, eggs, fruits, whole grains, and legumes pasta. The minimum points you can get are 16 points, but the maximum is based on weight, lifestyle, and goals.
WW is a safe program that you can use to lose weight and improve your health. myWW makes it more flexible, and it is more customized to meet your personal needs.