Little man has always been obsessed with Halloween. (I am sure he gets that from his Daddy who’s birthday falls right before Halloween.) Year round, we have pumpkins and other spooky toys throughout the house. At just three, his entire YouTube kids account is revolved around songs like “Halloween Tree.” So, it is only fitting that we created our very own DIY Halloween Tree Centerpiece this year!
We love decorating, but with four kids, cost is a factor. Luckily, we live close two Dollar Tree’s. They always have a ton of really cute craft supplies, all at $1 a piece. Dollar Tree is our go to store for any DIY projects.
Check out our easy step by step instruction below to make your very own DIY Halloween Tree Centerpiece. This is the perfect craft to do with your child. The kids will love helping decorate the tree, and you’ll love the cute decoration!
DIY Halloween Tree Centerpiece
What You’ll Need:
• Black Plastic Cauldron
You can get all of these supplies for $1 each at Dollar Tree!
- Have your child help you gather a few long twigs from your yard or a nearby park. Make sure that they branch off some, to give it the “tree” lol.
- Place the foam floral blocks in the center of the plastic cauldron and glue down using the hot glue gun. If your children are anything like ours, they will be moving your Halloween Tree throughout the house.
- Fill in any empty space around the foam with old newspaper. Grocery flyers from the mail will work great too. This is to prevent your decorations from falling through, and give the “ground” some dimension.
Stick the twigs from your yard securely into the foam. Arrange them into your desired tree shape. I added a little hot glue around the “base” of our tree to make it more permanent.
- Once the glue is dry, cover the base of the tree with Halloween tinsel garland.
- Decorate the tree with more skeletons, Halloween creepy creatures, or handmade glittery bats and spider ornaments.
Remember, you can get all these supplies and a ton of cute Halloween decor at DollarTree.com