Do you want to discover some amazingly inspirational autism quotes or autism mom quotes? Then you are in luck! These quotes about autism will remind you that autism isn’t something you can always see, but there is always a way to make a difference. We have compiled a massive list of Asperger’s and autism awareness quotes that will inspire, educate, inform and bring a smile!
Having the correct quote can answer tough questions while also inspiring. When looking to answer “what is autism,” consider these inspirational autism quotes as an opening to your conversation. Click here to learn more about autism.
Inspirational Autism Quotes
If you love any of the quote images below, please share them on social media. Just make sure to tag @themomkind or link to this post. Thanks!
- Autism means I miss what others catch, and I catch what others miss
- I do not suffer from autism, but I do suffer from the way you treat me
- Autism is not contagious, but my smile is.
- Autism offers a chance for us to glimpse an awe-filled vision of the world that might otherwise pass us by.” – Dr. Colin “Zimbleman.
- If you’ve met one with autism, you’ve met one with autism. – Dr. Stephen Mark Shore
- April 2 is World Autism Awareness Day. Every day should be World Autism Acceptance Day.
- Autism is like a rainbow. It has a bright side and a darker side. But every shade is important and beautiful – Rosie Tennant Doran.
Quotes that Educate
- When enough people care about autism or diabetes or global warming, it helps everyone, even if only a tiny fraction actively participate. – Seth Godin
- I’ve learned I’ve every human being, with or without disabilities, needs to strive to do their best, and by striving for happiness you will arrive at happiness. For us, you see, having autism is normal—so we can’t know can’t what your ‘normal’ is like. But so long as we can learn to love ourselves, I’m not sure it matters whether we’re normal or we’re autistic. – Naoki Higashida
- Children with autism develop all kinds of enthusiasms…perhaps focusing on one topic gives the child a sense of control, predictability, and security in a world that can be unpredictable and feel scary.” – Barry M. Prizant.
- Some people with autism may not be able to speak or answer their names, but they can still hear your words and feel your kindness.
- We need to learn to accept and celebrate our differences. And we need to continue our research on Autism Spectrum Disorder in order to understand how we can best lend a helping hand. – Alan Rosales
- If you meet an autistic person, please do not say they look normal or are good at fooling people. This is not a compliment – Siena Castellon
- Someone with autism has taught me love needs no words.
- Autism is like a rainbow. It has a bright side and a darker side. But every shade is important and beautiful. Rosie Tennant Doran
inspirational autism quotes
Dr. Temple Grandin Quotes
If you’ve been in the world of autism for any time, the name Dr. Temple Grandin will have eventually come up. On August 29, 1947, Dr. Grandin was born in Boston, Massachusetts. She was diagnosed with autism at the age of two in 1950.
At that time, an autism diagnosis might have been a death sentence. Her parents were encouraged to institutionalize her, but thankfully, they chose not to and raised her to be the amazing woman she is. As an adult, she has pursued work in psychology and animal science.
She has become a leading advocate in the autistic community, written several books, advocated for the humane treatment of animals, and even had an Emmy Award-Winning film based on her life so far.
Check out these great inspirational autism quotes by Dr. Grandin:
- What would happen if the autism gene was eliminated from the gene pool? You would have a bunch of people standing around in a cave, chatting and socializing and not getting anything done. – Dr. Temple Grandin
- My brain is like Google Images. – Dr. Temple Grandin
- If I could snap my fingers and be nonautistic, I would not. Autism is part of what I am. – Dr. Temple Grandin
- I am different. Not less. – Dr. Temple Grandin
- Your child with autism has unlimited potential, just like everyone else. – Dr. Temple Grandin
- I cannot emphasize enough the importance of a good teacher. – Dr. Temple Grandin
- I strongly recommend that students with autism get involved in special interest clubs in some areas they naturally excel at. Being with people who share your interests makes socializing easier.” – Dr. Temp” Grandin
- It is never too late to expand the mind of a person on the autism spectrum. – Dr. Temple Grandin
- There needs to be a lot more emphasis on what a child CAN DO instead of what he can not do. – Dr. Temple Grandin
inspirational autism quotes for moms
Inspirational Autism Quotes by Autistic Adults
When it comes to famous people who have autism, there countless amazing quotes. Here are some of our favorite quotes by autistic adults who have impacted autism acceptance!
- Autism makes you listen louder. makes you pay attention to an emotional level as well as an intellectual level. – Jace King
- We cry we scream, we hit out and break things. But still, we don’t want you to give up on us. Please, keep battling alongside us. – Naoki Higashida
- Autism can’t define me. I define autism. – Kerry Magro
- Wanting to be free. Wanting to be me. Trying to make people see. and accept the real me. – Scott Lentine
- Everyone has a mountain to climb, and autism has not been my mountain; it has been my opportunity for victory. – Rachel Barcellona
- I don’t really understand why it’s considered normal to stare into someone’s eyeballs. – John Elder Robison
- I might hit developmental and societal milestones in a different order than my peers, but I am able to accomplish these small victories on my own time. – Haley Moss
- Our experiences are all unique. Regardless, I do believe that it is important to find the beautiful. Recognize that there is bad, there is ugly, there is disrespect, there is ignorance and there are meltdowns. Those things are inevitable. But there is also good. – Erin McKinney
- The difference between high-functioning and low-functioning is that high-functioning means your deficits are ignored, and low- functioning means your assets are ignored. – Laura Tisoncik
- I also have Asperger’s, but I can manage it. It wasn’t diagnosed until the early Eighties when my wife persuaded me to see a doctor. One of my symptoms included my obsession with ghosts and law enforcement — I carry around a police badge with me. I became obsessed with Hans Holzer, the greatest ghost hunter ever. That’s when the idea of my film Ghostbusters was born. – Dan Aykroyd
- “Years before doctors informed me of my high-functioning autism and the disconnect it causes between person and language, I had to figure out the world as best I could. I was a misfit. The world was made up of words. But I thought and felt and sometimes dreamed in a private language of numbers” – Daniel Tammet.
Great Inspiration Autism Quotes for Moms
Being the parent of an autistic child comes with many struggles and many joys. Use the following motivational autism mom quotes to help you embrace your child with love and understanding, even in the tough moments.
- It takes a village to raise a child. It takes a child with autism to raise the consciousness of the village. – Coach Elaine Hall
- Children with autism are colorful – they are often very beautiful, and, like the rainbow, they stand out. – Adele Devine
- If they can’t learn the way we teach, we teach the way they learn. – O. Ivar Lovaas
- Your child is the same person before the autism diagnosis as they are after the diagnosis. Your actions and lifestyles may change, but your love for them never will. – Alicia Trautwein
- Autism is part of my child, it’s not everything he is. My child is so much more than a diagnosis.- S.L. Coelho
- Even for parents of children that are not on the spectrum, there is no such thing as a normal child. – Violet Stevens
- We have got to work on keeping these children engaged with the world. – Temple Grandin
- A person with autism is:
Longer Inspirational Autism Quotes
- As a mom, you worry about protecting your kid. But there are extra added layers of fears when you’re talking about a kid with autism or who has some special needs issue. – Holly Robinson Peete
- Don’t think that there’s a different, better child ‘hiding’ behind the autism. This is your child. Love the child in front of you. Encourage his strengths, celebrate his quirks, and improve his weaknesses, the way you would with any child.- Claire Scovell LaZebnik
- I believe that inside every person who is bullied there is a strength and a tenacity to survive. You don’t always know that this strength exists, but if you make it through those dark times, you become aware. You become a survivor, someone whose courage and spirit are far stronger than all of the hate and cruelty of their bullies. The one thing that I want to impart to children with autism is knowledge of their own inner strength and the belief that one day at a time, they, too, can get through this. – Amy Gravino
- Patience, Patience, Patience. Work to view my autism as a different ability rather than a disability. Look past what you may see as limitations and see the gifts autism has given me. It may be true that I’m not good at eye contact or conversation, but have you noticed that I don’t lie, cheat at games, tattle on my classmates, or pass judgment on other people? Also true that I probably won’t be the next Michael Jordan. But with my attention to fine detail and capacity for extraordinary focus, I might be the next Einstein. Or Mozart. Or Van Gogh. – Ellen Notbohm
Cha ing the Views on Autism
We hope these inspirational autism quotes have provided you with the education and information you need to help change the world’s view on autism. Check out our autism articles for more information and inspiration, and sign up for our email list below!