Are you wondering how to give a baby a bath for the first time?
In the very first weeks after Baby’s arrival, keeping your little one sterile may seem like the least of your worries. But health practitioners advocate washing them two to three times per week, knowing the ideal solution to offer a bath is essential to Baby. Mainly because newborns shouldn’t go all of the ways until their cords fall away.
A sponge bath is an accessible and easy way to bath your newborn. But, sometimes it can become hard if you don’t know anything about it. So, we have to know how to give a baby a sponge bath. Here is how:
How to Give a Baby a Bath
What You’ll Need
Before knowing or learning the steps, you must know about the supplies you need to do that. Here is some:
- A towel that is comfortable for your baby
- A source of warm water
- Non-detergent soap
- Baby-safe shampoo
- A Fine Toothed baby comb
- Baby-safe nail clippers
- A thick washcloth. You have to use the best washcloth or towel.
- Cotton balls for washing the eyes
- Diaper cream
- A Sterile diaper
These are some of the ingredients that you might need. Do have them in your grab before trying to give your baby a sponge bath. According to Towel Reviewer, “Keeping our babies happy is an enormous task that relies on parents and the proper equipment to care for the little ones.” So below are a few steps you need to follow if you want to give a comfortable sponge bath to your baby.
Steps To Follow
- Make sure the room temperature is pleasant. A temperature around 25° C is preferable.
- Put warm water in a bowl and gather everything you need near you. Prepare a surface at your waist with thick towels to place your baby there.
- Cover it with a towel or blanket while holding it. Make sure to stay regularly. You don’t have to hold either very tight or very softly.
- Hold your body with your forearm and your head with your hand. You have to do it very carefully.
- Never leave him alone. If you forgot something, take your baby with you. If you have something urgent, then call someone to look after the baby.
- Use damp cotton without soap to clean your eyes and ears (avoid the swabs, you could hurt your ear canal).
- Clean the face with a soft and wet cloth. Make sure that the fabric is very thick.
- Add some baby soap to the water and clean your body with the fabric, discovering one area at a time. Rinse it with another clean cloth or a cup of water.
- Do not forget to keep the umbilical cord dry and give it the care that the pediatrician indicated.
- Wash the baby’s head by shampooing the cloth. Rinse it with a cup without wetting your face.
- Dry it with a towel with a hat and dress it. You have to do it very carefully.
These are the steps that you have to follow. If you follow these carefully, you can give quickly get it done.
Guidelines and Tricks
Make sure while washing that you won’t ever take your hands. It is a superb time for you to bond with Baby. So make sure to use it being an enjoyable playtime, not just cleaning.
Consider falling just a little water and watch that the roll. Some newborns have a hard time because of cold water. So, try to avoid it. Babies do not have to be bathed daily, as this can dry them. Until the stump comes off, you need to give her a sponge bath.
Many of us think that we don’t need to give our baby a regular bath. But, giving a sponge bath at least thrice a weak can help you to maintain your baby’s health all in all.
In these articles, we briefly discussed the ways that you can follow. You can follow these steps and give a sponge bath to your baby right from today!