One of the most popular designs to make through origami is animals. They’re entertaining to fold, and it’s cool to see how they start to take form and resemble their counterparts. It also enhances multiple skills and imagination of the person by only making it.
4 Animal-Themed Origami Designs
Choose your favorite origami animal from the available list, then begin folding.
Origami Paper Swan
The origami swan is a fundamental design. Try this design if you’re a beginner! You will find this swan quite simple to make.
Steps in Making Origami Paper Swan:
- Choose a square of paper and flip it over. So, the colored side is on the bottom.
- To make the piece of paper look like a triangle, fold it in half diagonally.
- Fold the triangle once more to form a square.
- Fold the two edges into the central crease, starting across from it. It should look like a kite.
- Flip the paper. Fold the sides of the kite back into the crease in the middle. The kite should have triangular patterns on one side and be thinner overall.
- Take the bottom tip of the kite (the thinnest section) and, without flipping the paper over, fold it up to the top point, placing the thin point in the center crease.
- Fold a tiny bit of the narrow point’s tip; it should resemble a triangle.
- Once more, fold the crease in half the other way when the design side is on top.
- Pull up the triangle’s narrow point to the required height while securely holding the triangle’s base.
- Pull the tiny piece out to make it look like a beak. Decorate if you want and finish!
Origami Paper Bird
Although most origami paper birds with wings are more difficult to fold than this one, this one is pretty simple to make. There are only a few easy steps to follow, and the outcome is almost as excellent as the more difficult ones.
Steps in Making Origami Paper Bird:
- Start with an origami paper square.
- Fold the top corner of the paper toward the bottom corner to create a half-fold. You ought to have a triangle that is upside down.
- Make sure the edge is about halfway down when the top is down-folded. The wings will develop from this flap.
- Next, turn the piece of paper over.
- Fold up the bottom corner of the top layer.
- Fold the left side of the figure over to the right to form a half-moon shape.
- To create one of the wings, fold that same flap back.
- Pull back the opposite wing as well.
- Flatten and draw in the center of the head. And you are done!
Origami Paper Dog
This simple origami puppy will be a lot of fun for children to make. It’s simple to fold and draw a face to make it more enjoyable. You can create your simple origami dog by following the directions.
Steps in Making Origami Paper Dog:
- Pick up a square piece of paper, and fold it in half from top to bottom.
- Fold the triangle in half by bringing the left and right corners together. Then unfold.
- Make the ears now! Fold the triangle’s two corners down at an angle.
- Fold the top cornerback.
- Fold the bottom corner back unless you want a chin that sticks out.
- Draw eyes and a nose for your dog’s face!
Origami Paper Fox
This cute creature is fun and creative to make. Making this origami fox is easy whether you are a toddler or an adult, if you carefully follow the directions.
Steps in Making Origami Paper Fox:
- Begin with an origami paper square.
- To fold the paper in half, align the upper right corner with the upper left corner.
- Fold the left corner over to meet the right corner.
- Fold the lower corner toward the upper right corner.
- Flip the figure horizontally.
- Lower left corner to upper right corner fold.
- Just before the middle, fold the entire left side. The size of the head will increase as you fold closer to the center.
- Take hold of the outside flap’s bottom corner and pull it open. The fox’s head will start to slide down naturally.
- Fold the head downward now.
- Partially tuck the tail.
- Draw the face and be done!
Animal-Themed Origami Designs
We’re continually looking to update our list of how-to instructions for making origami animals. We ensure that, as beginners, you can easily follow our directions.